Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
Taking care of your health and wellbeing:
Leeds City Council Helplines
Keeping Well at Home
Community Wellbeing Advice
The following list is a good guide to the services provided by our practice nurses. Remember, the nurse always has the option of referring you to the doctor for further care if she considers it necessary
- Diabetic/COPD/CHD/Asthma & Kidney Reviews
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Cervical Smears
- Childhood Immunisations
- Ear Syringing
- Family Planning Advice
- Routine Bloods or Urine tests
- Minor Surgery - many minor skin lesions can be removed here. Minor surgery is usually performed by Dr Hardaker by prior arrangement. Please ask your doctor if your condition is suitable.
- Contraception - the practice can provide advice on all forms of contraception and has 3 female doctors who can fit and remove coils or contraceptive implants. A consultation with the doctor prior to any of these procedures is necessary.
- Travel Advice/Immunisations - Advice on travel vaccines can be complicated. The quicker we know your agenda the sooner we can get you safely protected. A written list of destinations helps as does some idea of your previous vaccines if you have a record. Occasionally your GP records may not be complete. Some immunisations are not covered by the NHS and you may have to pay for these. Malaria tablets vary depending upon destination. Again, these may not be covered by NHS prescription. Our nurses have a particular interest and have had advanced training in this area.